Recognizing that the Christmas season is an exceptionally busy time of year, the application deadline for the Doctor of Ministry program has been extended until January 15, 2013 for spring 2013 entrance.
List of Application Materials Needed
Note: Application forms and letter of reference, etc. are available for download below.
- A completed Application form.
- Application fee: $100 CDN ($110 USD). The fee is payable by a cheque drawn from a Canadian account made out to the “Toronto School of Theology”, or by a Canadian money order or VISA. If the fee is paid from a US account, or with a US money order, the US fee applies. NOTE: Payments in cash or credit cards other than Visa will not be accepted.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae.
- A personal statement, not more than 1200 words on the following:
- Your views on the theory and practice of Christian ministry including your goals, objectives and rationale for ministry.
- Your ideas about the present and future needs of the church in ministries to changing social, economic and political structures.
-Your proposed research interest and your reasons for applying to the TST DMin Program.
- Your plans for the practice of ministry in the future.
- A bibliography of reading you have done in theology and other fields related to your practice of ministry and research interest.
- Official transcripts: Undergraduate degree, MDiv or its equivalent (which should be checked with the DMin Director) and any other post-graduate education. These should be sent to the attention of the Doctor of Ministry Office, Toronto School of Theology, directly by the institution.
- A TOEFL score, if applicable. (Please see the DMin Handbook for more details.)
- Reference Letters: the appropriate references request forms must accompany all reference letters:
- Two Academic References from faculty members in the institution where you received your MDiv or academically equivalent degree.
- Two Ministry Colleague/Associate References from your current ministry from person of good standing and known reputation in the field of ministry in which you are currently working.
- Official Letter of Denominational of Institutions Support from an appropriate official of your diocese, religious congregation, presbytery, conference or institution. They must declare full recognition of your intention to enter the DMin program which requires approximately 5 years until completion and a minimum of two days per week of course studies (not including completion of course work) as required by the DMin Program.
- A letter from a representative of the student’s ministry base indicating in principle that a Ministry Base Group will be formed to support the student’s progress until the student has an approved thesis proposal, normally in the third year.
All material should be sent to:
Doctor of Ministry Office
Toronto School of Theology
47 Queen's Park Crescent East
Toronto, ON M5S 2C3
Thank you for visiting our website. To inquire further about the information on this page, or to report an error, please contact Alison Hari-Singh, DMin Program Administrator.