1. The applicant must have a baccalaureate degree from a recognized college or university and a Master of Divinity degree accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS), or its equivalent, with an A- average or better.
2. An applicant whose first language is other than English must provide evidence of ability to comprehend, speak and write English at the graduate level. One of the following will constitute prima facie evidence of such ability: (1) evidence of an earned degree from a recognized post-secondary institution where the language of instruction and examination is English; (2) a satisfactory result on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). Applicants requesting the transmittal of results should use the TST institution code 0655 and the department code 99. On the paper-based TOEFL, the minimum satisfactory score is 600 with a 5.0 in the Test of Written English (TWE). On the computer-based TOEFL, the minimum satisfactory score is 250. On the internet-based TOEFL, the minimum satisfactory total score is 100, with at least 22 on the Writing section and 22 on the Speaking section; (3) a grade of B in the advanced (level 60) Academic Preparation course in the English Language Program of the School of Continuing Studies of the University of Toronto, or equivalent standing at a comparable institution.
3. A minimum of three years’ experience in the practice of ministry is required following the MDiv degree or its equivalency.
4. Be engaged in a recognized ministry (normally fulltime), which will serve as the ministry base during this period of advanced professional study.
5. Computer literacy: Please see below the range of software that may be used in the completion of this program. Online study will use the educational platform Blackboard and basic instruction will be offered using this software.
NOTE: The deadline for application to the 2014-2015 DMin program is Friday, November 15, 2013. Applications to the DMin program will be received beginning September 2013. An updated version of the DMin application form is now available in fillable PDF (open in Internet Explorer or Google Chrome). Please review the notes to applicants and all information pertaining to referees prior to sending application.
All material should be sent to:
Doctor of Ministry Office
Toronto School of Theology
47 Queen's Park Crescent East
Toronto, ON M5S 2C3
Thank you for visiting our website. To inquire further about the information on this page, or to report an error, please contact Alison Hari-Singh, DMin Program Administrator.